Doctor Led Ketogenic Diet
October 2 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm| $250
Keto Kick-Off ~ Tuesday, October 2nd at 6 pm
Join Dr. Elisa Mercuro, DO, Institute of Functional Medicine Certified Doctor as she walks you through how this diet works, what to eat and the benefits. Enjoy cooking with Arwyn Lennon, Wellness Chef at our Cafe at Groton Wellness.
What is a Ketogenic Diet?
A ketogenic dietary intervention is when we limit carbohydrates and push the body to start burning fat for energy. In a Ketogenic Diet, a small percentage of calories comes from carbohydrate (usually 10-20%). A Ketogenic Diet includes an average amount of Protein (about 20-30%) and high amount of Fat (usually 60-70%). When we push the body to burn fat for energy, the byproduct of the metabolism is ketone bodies, hence the name Ketogenic Diet.
Dates & Details
- October 2 | In-person | 6-8pm
- October 9 | Group Zoom | 12:15-12:45pm
- October 16 | Group Zoom | 12:15-12:45pm
- October 23 | Cooking | 6-8pm (Chef Arwyn)
- October 30 | In-person | 6-8pm
Why consider a Ketogenic Diet?
You may have noticed that there is a lot of buzz about the ketogenic diet. Some patients utilize the ketogenic diet as a tool for the following benefits:
- May improve mental focus and “brain fog”
- Can improve blood sugar control
- Often accelerates weight loss
- May improve energy
Join us for a month-long introduction to a Ketogenic Diet if you have been curious about whether or not this type of food plan is right for you. This group will be medically supervised by Dr. Elisa Mercuro, DO with support from Chef Arwyn at our Café at Groton Wellness.
What is included in the program?
- Introductory session ~ the nuts and bolts of what to eat and what not to eat
- Two live Zoom sessions ~ Q & A
- Private Facebook Group access to share recipes, trials & successes with other group members
- Program materials ~ folder with course materials, recipes & more.
- Education on OPTIONAL supplements to support (not included in the price of class)
- Ketogenic Cooking Class with Wellness Chef Arwyn Lennon
- Next step session ~ how to transition or continue with this type of food plan depending on health goals
- Email support for troubleshooting
- Medical symptom questionnaire completed at the beginning and end of the program to help Dr. Mercuro understand your medical history, allergies, medications as well as what your goals are from participating in the program. This will also help you track your progress through the month.
Pre-Registration Recommended. Space is Limited. Non-Refundable.
- October 2
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Cleanses, Community Support, Cooking Classes, Featured, Food As Medicine, Group Healing Programs, Holistic, Medicine, Men, Nutrition and Wellness, Social, Teen, Wellness, Women
- Event Tags:
- doctor led diet, eat healthy, feel great, ketgenic diet, ketones, no hunger diet, Weight Loss