We are looking for an experienced herbalist with a genuine interest in helping people, practical skills and a good head for business to join our revolutionary Wellness Center.
Groton Wellness started 12 years ago as a Dental Practice and expanded 9 years ago into the full Center it is today. Our team includes Biological Dentists, an Integrative Orthodontist, Functional Medicine Providers, Detoxification Specialists, Holistic Spa Therapists, an Acupuncturist, a Heart and Energy Based Psychotherapist, a Wellness Chef and More. We are the first Wellness Center to focus on all aspects of health and wellness in one location ~ Family Dental, Orthodontics, Medical, Spa and Café.
In this role you’ll use your knowledge of plant medicines and their therapeutic applications to promote health and relieve illness. You will take a holistic approach to treating patients, looking at the underlying causes of the illness and not just the symptoms, and will prescribe herbal remedies to be used alongside other treatments and supplements. We are looking for an Herbalist who specializes in Lyme disease and Detoxification.
As our Herbal Medicine Provider, you will need to:
• carry out initial consultations with patients to diagnose a condition or illness
• carry out physical tests and other assessments
• use your knowledge of plant remedies to prescribe medicines appropriate for the treatment of a range of illnesses, with the aim of assisting the body’s own healing properties
• prepare and produce herbal medicines ~ tinctures
• refer patients to other health practitioners within our Center, where appropriate
• use a holistic approach to advise patients on nutrition and lifestyle
• undertake follow-up appointments to assess patient progress
• maintain accurate patient records every day
• occasionally be on call to patients, either in person, by phone or by email
• keep a welcoming, professional practice area
• work to high ethical and professional standards
• maintain high levels of safe and legal practice
• keep up to date with new research
• involvement in educational events we provide to our community ~ in house, in our area and online
• a small amount of travelling or staying away overnight, for trade shows, seminars and professional development
You’ll start part-time (2-3 days a week) working toward a full-week schedule.
Accredited courses ~ three years full time, or five to six years part time, including a combination of theory and clinical training (Masters courses preferred). We are flexible depending on years of work in the field of Herbal Medicine and other similar experience. Knowledge and experience caring for patients with Lyme Disease and other debilitating medical problems. You will be an integral part of our team who specializes in Detoxification (Environmental, Chemical, Heavy Metal, etc. . .).
You will need:
• knowledge and understanding of herbs and their preparation, in addition to knowledge of physiology and anatomy
• a sense of vocation, to heal and support patients
• excellent communication and listening skills and a strong interest in people
• a high level of emotional maturity and resilience
• the confidence to promote your services and business
• commitment and perseverance
• to build great relationships while maintaining appropriate boundaries between yourself and your patients
• the ability to work very well in a team environment for the good of every patient
We know your skills grow with clinical practice and experience with both patients and plants.
We encourage you to keep up-to-date with developments in herbal medicines and studies on plants. To do this, you can:
• spend time learning from other provider at our Wellness Center
• attend conferences and seminars to update your clinical skills and therapeutic knowledge
• join a study group to develop your knowledge in a specific subject area such as nutrition
• further your knowledge through research and case studies
If you are interested in learning more about this position please email you resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Job posting on Craiglist: https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/hea/5991882652.html